You want to give your pet the care they deserve as a member of your family, and our team is here to help! We’re dedicated to educating pet owners so they can be the best caregivers to their dogs and cats, and we’re always happy to answer your questions and suggest changes so they can live a better life. Pet exams are one of the most basic but also important aspects of your companion’s healthcare here at Ocoee Animal Hospital. This is because we can cover a lot of ground, from evaluating your pet’s current condition to screening for disease and administering vaccinations to protect them from infection. Pet exams play a major role for dogs and cats that live long, healthy lives.
To schedule your pet’s annual wellness visit, call (407) 656-6050.
The Various Aspects of a Pet Exam
When your pet comes to see us for their annual exam, there are several things you can expect during their visit:
- The first thing we do is check your pet’s heart, lungs, weight, and temperature, then ask if you have any questions or concerns about your pet’s health
- If your pet is due for their vaccinations, we can administer them during the appointment
- We recommend annual fecal screenings and heartworm tests, so be sure to bring a fresh stool sample for evaluation
- We often provide deworming treatments to puppies and kittens, because they are prone to infection
- Senior pets might benefit from chest X-rays to check on their heart and lungs if they have a history of heart and lung problems
- If needed, we’ll provide you with a full supply of parasite preventatives, which we recommend year-round for dogs and cats
Our team is always happy to answer your questions and offer counseling to help you with their care. Contact our hospital at (407) 656-6050 to schedule an appointment or speak with a member of our team.